Berrylands Hockey Club is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website ‘berrylandshockeyclub.co.uk’ (Website). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete feedback surveys in order for us to improve our customer experience. You do not have to respond to these surveys, but any responses will be recorded anonymously.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, emails and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP Address & Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information on usage. This is statistical data about our visitors’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our Website.
Where we store your personal data
The internet is not a secure medium. However Berrylands Hockey Club takes the security and privacy of its website users’ personal information seriously and we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this Policy. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Usage of information
We may from time to time use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Your email address and other information collected will only be used by Berrylands Hockey Club or agents acting on our behalf for the purpose of dealing with your request and providing you with information about the services we can offer. Personal data will not be supplied to third parties except as required by law or otherwise provided in this Policy.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Berrylands Hockey Club or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will endeavour to inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via the Contact Us page of this Website.
Links to other websites
Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act by contacting us to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our administration costs in providing you with this information.
Because the Internet infrastructure is global the information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar data protection legislation during use as set out in this Policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information.
Changes to your personal details
If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, name or details or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by using our Contact Us page.
How to contact us